Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Blog..Here We Go!


Welcome to Diamond in the Reef! This is the beginning of my first blog and I'm really excited! Since moving back to Hawaii about 6 months ago I have been inspired left and right. I used to paint and consider myself somewhat creative, but seemed to let that go during my jaunt to the mainland for a year. HOWEVER, this is the start of getting back to it! I have decided to start this blog to document all the things that inspire me to be creative, and enjoy the amazing life God has given me here on the North Shore of Oahu.

The adorable name "Diamond in the Reef," I cannot take credit for...my witty and creative boyfriend came up with it! See, the plan is to begin making jewelry and setting up shop on Etsy. (It's a really neat shop where talented people sell the cool things they make...check em' out: www.etsy.com) I have started making rings, earrings, necklaces, and bangle bracelets with the shells and sea glass I find on the beach. So the name was created for all the little treasures that get washed up on shore for me. Hopefully my shop will be set up soon and you can take a look! Here are the beginnings of what's to come:


One of my Sea Glass Rings...I'm on the hunt for blue sea glass! It's so hard to find, but I think it'll make the prettiest rings!


I've been down with the flu for the past five days :( but Ashton, (the witty and creative boyfriend), left these as a surprise for me outside my door while I was sleeping! He knew that I've had the creative bug, but I left ALL of my paint supplies in Idaho...How sweet is that?! The paints may not be enough for one painting, but it's a start! I've got a canvas and some great brushes...I'll be sure to show you what comes of it!

Here are some of my paintings from the past couple of years:

North Shore Inspiration
Waves for Ashton's Birthday

Baby painting made for my friend's son


No comments: