Sunday, March 13, 2011

God is in control

My mind was on Japan all morning at church. If I could hop on a flight today to go and help somehow, the Lord knows I would.  My heart breaks when I look at pictures of the destruction...We were so lucky here in Hawaii to have come out relatively unscathed and I wonder why.  Japan is going to have a long road ahead of them, but I believe with all my heart that God is completely in control, and I know that he allows and causes all things for good.  I am praying that as they are rebuilding and trying to regain their stability, it will be an opportunity for people to experience love, comfort, and selflessness from others so that they can see how deeply   God cares for them in their suffering. 

My pastor reminded us of this beautiful verse:

By the breath of God ice is given,

and the broad waters are frozen fast.
He loads the thick cloud with moisture;
the clouds scatter his lightning.
They turn around and around by his guidance,
to accomplish all that he commands them
on the face of the habitable world.
Whether for correction or for his land
or for love, he causes it to happen. (Job 37:10-13)

*Image: The Atlantic

No comments: